Construction Inspector, CEI
Areté Engineers, PLLC is a professional services firm located in Boone, NC. We deliver high quality engineering services to state DOT organizations, municipal agencies, residential and commercial clients. We are currently seeking resumes for Roadway and Bridge Construction Inspectors/Technicians to work in North Carolina.
Specifically, we are looking for Individuals experienced with North Carolina highway and/or bridge construction engineering and inspection (CEI), and with one to five years of progressive experience to join the Areté Engineers CEI team. Individuals will work closely with project managers and engineers in heavy highway construction settings performing the following responsibilities:
- On-site construction observation and spot checks of work in progress;
- Read and comprehend contract documents, construction plans, shop drawings, and similar documents in order to aid with assigned projects and develop full understanding of the documents;
- Maintain job-site files, documents, and daily reports;
- Prepare construction reports;
- Prepare job related reports, may include third-party inspections, progress reports, receipts of materials and shop drawings;
- Process payment requests or change order requests, receive for record and present for approval;
- Maintain custody of material samples submitted by contractors;
- Attend job-site meetings and related duties;
- Roadway and Bridge Inspectors should have NCDOT QMS Roadway Technician certification and NCDOT Concrete Field Technician Certification.
- 1 to 5 years of experience in NC CEI roles or closely related fields.
- College graduates (EI) in the construction or civil engineering field are encouraged to apply.
- Addition preferred Certifications include:
- Erosion and Sediment Control
- Any related AASHTO or NICET certifications and/or related bridge experience beneficial.
- FHWA or NCDOT bridge inspections certification is a plus.
- Please list certifications/combined related experience.
Areté Engineers, PLLC is a professional services firm located in Boone, NC. We deliver high quality engineering services to state DOT organizations, Municipal Agencies and residential and commercial clients. We are currently seeking candidates for a Structural Engineer to serve our Residential and Commercial projects in Boone, North Carolina.
- Specifically, we are looking for Civil Engineers with Structural Engineering emphasis and experience related to:
- Structural engineering and design for residential home and commercial building construction.
- Application of structural engineering using steel, concrete, and timber materials.
- Strong ability to develop integrated designs, be creative but also make efficient use of funds and materials, and to analyze and design complex structural systems.
- Become an integral part of a very competent design team.
The following are considered certifications and experience or a combination that the successful candidate will have:
- S. or M.S. in Civil Engineering
- 0 to 3 years of experience within Structural Engineering since B.S.
- I.T./F.E. certificate is required.
- Knowledge of building design for residential and commercial application.
- Ability to clearly convey information through verbal and written communications.
- Effectively work independently or as part of a design team.
- Experience with STAAD, StruCalc, and Microstation design and drafting software preferred.