If you are ready for a new challenge and want to be part of a growing team, please apply.
Email resumé and letter of interest to: Shawn Ausel
Bridge Inspection Team Lead
Areté Engineers is a small professional services firm located in Blowing Rock, NC. We serve state and local agencies though our talents, education and experiences in the fields of bridge engineering and bridge inspection. We are currently seeking diligent individuals to work with us in our bridge inspection program.
Specifically, we are looking for individuals with NBIS bridge inspection team leader for full-time positions. You will work closely with the bridge inspection program manager to complete field inspections of in-service DOT bridges throughout North Carolina.
Essential Job Functions:
- Inspect state highway bridges in accordance with NBIS and NCDOT Guidelines.
- Plan, schedule, and maintain work assignments.
- Ability to supervise team members and subcontractors.
- Identify bridge deficiencies and maintenance items, properly evaluate conditions and quantities.
- Use ladders and bridge inspection crane equipment to access portions of bridges.
- Demonstrates a high level of safety awareness.
- PE preferred
- Currently certified as an FHWA Certified Bridge Safety Inspector (CBSI)
Areté Engineers, PLLC is a professional services firm located in Blowing Rock, NC. We deliver high quality engineering services to state DOT organizations, Municipal Agencies and residential and commercial clients. We are currently seeking candidates for a Structural Engineer to serve our Residential and Commercial projects in Boone, North Carolina.
- Specifically, we are looking for Civil Engineers with Structural Engineering emphasis and experience related to:
- Structural engineering and design for residential home and commercial building construction.
- Application of structural engineering using steel, concrete, and timber materials.
- Strong ability to develop integrated designs, be creative but also make efficient use of funds and materials, and to analyze and design complex structural systems.
- Become an integral part of a very competent design team.
The following are considered certifications and experience or a combination that the successful candidate will have:
- B.S. or M.S. in Civil Engineering
- 0 to 3 years of experience within Structural Engineering since B.S.
- I.T./F.E. certificate is required.
- Knowledge of building design for residential and commercial application.
- Ability to clearly convey information through verbal and written communications.
- Effectively work independently or as part of a design team.
- Experience with STAAD, StruCalc, and Microstation design and drafting software preferred.